Caspian Monarque is proud to offer the Caspian Monarque’s Ethics & Sustainability Scholarship. This scholarship is part of Caspian Monarque’s commitment to fostering the development of graduates of high ethics, civility and professionalism, and especially those from diverse backgrounds.
In particular, we are interested in those who are interested in safeguarding consumers of seafood and wildlife, in general. Students studying law, government, or political science might be more interested in this scholarship.
Students who have entered into a program at a recognized institution in the United States and who will continue in that program through at least the Fall semester 2023 are eligible to apply for the Caspian Monarque’s Ethics & Sustainability Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Caspian Monarque’s Ethics & Sustainability Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the pursuit of a career in corporate America. An ability to demonstrate commitment to the pursuit of a career in corporate America is an essential requirement.
- Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
- Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
- Written and oral communication skills determined in part through a telephone interview for finalists.
- Leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Member of a historically underrepresented group in law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability). The applicant should discuss how diversity has impacted their/her/his pursuit of a career in corporate America and how the applicant has faced and overcome the challenges associated therewith. Diversity is considered, but is one element among several in the award decision.
The recipient of the Caspian Monarque’s Ethics & Sustainability Scholarship will receive $10,000 payable for the Fall 2023 & 2024 semester of their/her/his second or third year of university.
Applications will be accepted from June. 2, 2023 to March 2024. The winner will be notified by April 2024 and the award will be announced at the Caspian Monarque annual dinner in Summer of 2023, or as soon as the Inn is able to host its annual dinner in light of the ongoing global pandemic and related restrictions. Applicants should submit the following documents as a single PDF format file for consideration:
- Academic transcripts (undergraduate/graduate school)
- Three-page statement (maximum) describing (a) how ethics, civility and professionalism have been a focus of the candidate; (b) how diversity has impacted the candidate; and (c) the candidate’s commitment to the pursuit of a career in corporate America.
- Contact information for three references